Policy & Terms
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify, add or remove portions of these Terms, at any time. It is your responsibility to check these Terms periodically for changes. Your continued use of the Service following the posting of changes will mean that you accept and agree to the changes.
Terms of Service
StoriBlocks offers a social networking service which enables its users, primarily college students, to create profile pages and to connect with others, by sharing originally created content. These content may contain information about StoriBlocks users’ stories, daily activities, and fun experience.
- You may use the Service only if you can legally form a binding contract with StoriBlocks, and only in compliance with these Terms, Policies and all applicable laws.
- You must be at least 13 years old to use the Service.
- You may not use StoriBlocks for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You agree to comply with all laws, rules and regulations (for example, federal, state, and local) applicable to your use of StoriBlocks and your Content (defined below).
- You are solely responsible for your interaction with other users of the Service, whether online or offline. Please refer to our Community Guidelines for more information on prohibited user behavior. We have zero tolerance for any prohibited user behavior and reserve the right to remove any objectionable content at any time.
- When you create your StoriBlocks account (your “Account”), YOU MUST USE YOUR OFFICIAL COLLEGE EMAIL ADDRESS THAT ENDS WITH .EDU. You must provide accurate, current and complete information during the registration process and to update such information to keep it accurate, current and complete. We have the right to suspend or terminate your Account if any information provided during the registration process or thereafter proves to be inaccurate, not current or incomplete.
- You may not create accounts with the Service through unauthorized means, including but not limited to, by using an automated device, script, bot, spider, crawler or scraper.
- You are responsible for safeguarding your password and you must not disclose your password to any third party. Regardless who accesses to and uses your Account, you will be fully responsible for any activities or actions under your Account. You will immediately notify StoriBlocks of any unauthorized use of your Account.
- You may not solicit, collect or use the login credentials of other StoriBlocks users.
- StoriBlocks allows you to share your stories, daily activities, and fun experience by posting originally created content, including photos, comments, links, and other materials. Anything that you post or otherwise make available on StoriBlocks is referred to as your “Content." You retain all rights in, and are solely responsible for the Content you post to StoriBlocks.
- You represent and warrant that: (i) you own the Content posted by you on or through the Service or otherwise have the right to grant the rights and licenses set forth in these Terms; (ii) the posting and use of your Content on or through the Service does not violate, misappropriate or infringe on the rights of any third party, including, without limitation, privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, trademark and/or other intellectual property rights; and (iii) you agree to pay for all royalties, fees, and any other monies owed by reason of Content you post on or through the Service; and (iv) Content posted by you on or through the Service will be non-confidential and non-proprietary and we will not be liable for any use or disclosure of Content.
- You grant StoriBlocks and its users a non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, sublicensable, worldwide license to use, store, display, reproduce, save, modify, create derivative works, perform, and distribute your Content on StoriBlocks solely for the purposes of operating, developing, providing, and using StoriBlocks. Nothing in these Terms restricts other legal rights StoriBlocks may have to your Content, for example under other licenses. We reserve the right to remove or modify your Content, or change the way it’s used in StoriBlocks, for any reason. This includes any Content that we believe violates these Terms, Policies, or any other laws or policies.
- You acknowledge that we may not always identify paid services, sponsored content, or commercial communications as such.
- We are not a backup service and you agree that you will not rely on StoriBlocks for the purposes of Content backup or storage. We will not be liable to you for any modification, suspension, or discontinuation of the Service, or the loss of any Content. You also acknowledge that the Internet may be subject to breaches of security and that the submission of Content or other information may not be secure.
We may terminate or suspend your right to access or use of the Service for any reason, without notice, at any time, and without liability to you. Upon termination, all licenses and other rights granted to you in these Terms will immediately cease. You continue to be bound by the following provisions – Your content and Indemnification – of these Terms.
Intellectual Property Policy
StoriBlocks thrives to create a fun and safe environment where users can connect with other college students by sharing originally created content. We respect other people’s intellectual property rights and ask that you do the same. We have a process for submitting complaints regarding content posted by our users. Our policy and procedures are described below.
Posting content on StoriBlocks
Anything that you post or otherwise make available on StoriBlocks is referred to as your “Content." You retain all rights in, and are solely responsible for the Content you post to StoriBlocks. If your Content contains third party materials (including but not limited to articles, photos, video clips, blog posts, and logos), we encourage you to first confirm that you have sufficient rights before posting Content to StoriBlocks. Please read Copyright Basics and Trademark Basics for general information.
Using content from StoriBlocks
- You must not do anything or post any content that violates laws or regulations.
- You must not infringe anyone's intellectual property, privacy or other rights.
- You must not post violent, nude, partially nude, discriminatory, unlawful, infringing, hateful, pornographic or sexually suggestive photos or other content via the Service.
- You must not defame, stalk, bully, abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate people or entities and you must not post private or confidential information via the Service, including, without limitation, your or any other person's credit card information, social security or alternate national identity numbers, non-public phone numbers or non-public email addresses.
- You must not incentivize or pay people to distribute content in large volumes.
- You must not post content to encourage or urge people to embrace self-injury.
- You must not post spam and other disruptive content including:
- Unsolicited commercial messages.
- Attempts to artificially boost views and other metrics.
- Repetitive or unwanted posts.
- Off-domain redirects, cloaking or other ways of obscuring where a post leads.
- Misleading content or behavior. For example, deceptive design elements or suspicious pop-ups.
- You must not access, use or tamper with our systems or our technical providers’ systems.
- You must not break or circumvent our security measures or test the vulnerability of our systems or networks.
- You must not use any undocumented or unsupported method to access, search, scrape, download or change any part of StoriBlocks.
- You must not reverse engineer our software.
- You must not interfere with people on StoriBlocks or our hosts or networks, like sending a virus, overloading, spamming or mail-bombing.
- You must not collect or store personally identifiable information from StoriBlocks or people on StoriBlocks without permission.
- You must not sell access to your account or transfer account features for compensation.
- You must not share your password, let anyone access your account or do anything that might put your account at risk.
- You must not use StoriBlocks’ name, logo or trademark in a way that confuses people
- Be sure to keep your Content relevant, transparent, high-quality, and authentic.
Please notify us by using the “report” feature any objectionable user content. You can also request StoriBlocks to block objectionable content. We will process your request immediately upon receiving it and will remove or eject any objectionable content within 24 hours upon concluding our findings.