Welcome to StoriBlocks (“StoriBlocks,” “we,” “us” or “our”). StoriBlocks offers a social networking service which enables its users, primarily college students, to create profile pages and to connect with others, by sharing originally created content.
- Our Policy applies to all visitors, users, and others who access the Service ("Users").
Information we collect
We collect the following types of information.
Information you provide us directly and voluntarily:
- Your username, password and e-mail address when you register for a StoriBlocks account.
- Profile information that you provide for your user profile (e.g., first and last name, username, picture, college affiliation, graduation date, etc.).
- User Content (e.g., photos, comments, and other materials) that you post to the Service.
- Communications between you and us. For example, we may send you Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). Note that you may not opt out of Service-related e-mails.
- If you link your Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram accounts from other third party services to StoriBlocks, we also get information from those accounts (such as your friends or contacts). The information we get from those services depends on your settings and their privacy policies, so please check what those are.
Cookies and similar technologies:
Log file information:
- Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you make a request to access (i.e., visit) a web page or app. It can also be provided when the content of the webpage or app is downloaded to your browser or device.
- When you use our Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information, including your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may also collect similar information from emails sent to our Users which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service.
How we use your information
- help you efficiently access your information after you sign in;
- remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service;
- provide personalized content and information to you and others, which could include online ads or other forms of marketing;
- provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service;
- develop and test new products and features;
- monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns;
- diagnose or fix technology problems;
- automatically update the StoriBlocks application on your device;
- StoriBlocks or other Users may run contests, special offers or other events or activities ("Events") on the Service. If you do not want to participate in an Event, do not use the particular Metadata (i.e. hashtag or geotag) associated with that Event.